Images and plans of your big day begin the moment your groom to be asks you to marry him. The time is a magical time, and one that takes plenty of planning. Use the following 10 tips to help make your wedding planning process easier.
10 Tips for Wedding Planning
1. Allow yourself plenty of time. Dream weddings don’t happen overnight, planning begins 10 to 12 months prior to your wedding date. Allow yourself plenty of time to research vendors, make decisions, and think! Thinking is essential as you don’t want to feel pressured or rushed. You’ll also need plenty of time to shop for venues.
2. Stay organized. Organization is the key to help keep planning under control and things on schedule. Get an organizer and keep all details, receipts and contracts neatly organized in the planner.
3. Set a realistic budget. One of the first steps in wedding planning is to set your budget. Setting your budget early will help ease financial worries.
4. Make decisions. With decisions, there will be compromises. Discuss all details with your finance. Shop vendors- florists, bands, caters, and so on. Book your officiant and ceremony and reception venues early.
5. Enroll in yoga or an exercise class. Wedding planning is stressful, and one way to ease the stress is to enroll in a weekly yoga or exercise class.
6. Don’t let your wedding plans consume all your time. There will be many details you’ll have to attend to. Don’t allow the wedding to take all your time. Allow yourself a weekend escape every now and then. It is health for both you and your groom to be to get away from the wedding planning at times.
7. Pamper yourself. There is stress involved in wedding planning, and it will be necessary to pamper yourself throughout the course of your planning. Be sure to eat right, get plenty of rest, and exercise. Visiting the spa on occasion is also a way to help rejuvenate your mind, body and soul and to lift your spirits, all of which will keep your energy strong and vibrant.
8. Make your wedding what you want it to be. Each person will want to get their two cents in. While it is nice that they care, it can be overwhelming. Don’t feel obligated to follow someone else’s advice. Do what will make your dreams come true.
9. Ask for help. Weddings are a lot of work, do not be afraid to ask for help.
10. Include your finance. Many brides don’t consider the opinion of their finance when it comes to details of the wedding. Always make him a part of the wedding decisions, as well.